October 3: Mask Update
Family and friends of The New Homestead,
We are happy to announce that after a long 2 ½ years, mask wearing is now based on community transmission rate. There are a few things you should know before your next visit to the facility.
- Visitors will no longer check in upon arrival, but do not visit if you have had positive test, symptoms, or close exposure for at least 10 days.
- Masks are no longer required as long Guthrie County is not in the red or the facility in an outbreak status.
- Signage will be posted at the main entrances to let you know what guidelines to follow while visiting.
- Vaccination is still encouraged if you are not already vaccinated if you have questions about getting vaccinated give us a call.
- Continue to follow the core principles to prevent the spread of COVID-19, those will be posted throughout the facility.
Please continue to do your part to keep our county out of the red! If our county transmission rate exceeds the threshold, we will all be required to wear masks again. This will include staff, residents, and visitors.